Thursday, October 21, 2010

repost: this election cycle

On a positive note about this election cycle...

Since my state's republican party wants to recriminalize homosexuality, and some of them would like to go ahead and round up openly gay people, I suspect...

And since I also suspect this election cycle will leave the crazies with control of the house, if not the Senate...

I'm wondering at what point I'll be able to legitimately claim UN human rights refugee status if I flee the country? How persecuted do I have to be? do I have to show evidence of actual persecution? or just prove a reasonable fear of persecution? Do I have to be rounded up myself and then successfully escape the camps, or document threats to me in specific, or just that there is a general threat to openly gay people?

Y'know, thinking positively...

No comments: