Thursday, November 4, 2010

oops, I lied

Politics rant next time...first this thought-I was replying to someone else's post somewhere else, and I've thought this before:

If you take all the people who have ever taken antidepressants, add in anyone who's ever had a substance abuse problem, figure that a *ahem* large percentage of morbidly obese people are using food in a druglike manner(remember-me keeping my own binging under control's a daily struggle), consider caffeine, nicotine, and other addictive behaviors like shopping, shoplifting, gambling and the like...you realize that a majority of people in this society are using external things to habitually medicate chronic distress.

That seriously says to me the problem is not just individuals failing to adjust.
Our society is not conducive to human happiness, nor is it meant to be...and I'm not sure when it was decided happiness didn't constitute a priority to be achieved.

No comments: