Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shine



We are such fragile things
Butterflies that dance for a season
On swiftly-fading wings,
Bright fleeting flowers that bloom in the spring,
Leaves that redden to fire and fall.
The wind is ever-blowing for us all.

Yet the light blesses.

A moment ago, I was a child and laughing...
Now my heart is broken open to the wind...
I thought my love would last a lifetime!
But it sickened and came to an end.

All my dreams fell down crashing.
I am left alone and bereft...

Yet the light blessed.
When once your heart sang to mine.
And it shone in your lovely eyes,
Like the tears that now glisten in mine...
I could see it and watch how it shined!
Oh yes, oh yes, it blessed.

Farewell, my once-beloved stranger...
In the end, it shall be no matter...
Time's winds shall roll my bones to ashes,
My tough old heart will still its beating...
For I am only human, frail and fleeting...
I too shall go to ripen the grasses.
We will lie together in earth's green splendor
Never weeping...
And still the light will bless...

Copyright 2012 WB

1 comment:

GettingBetter said...

Hi hylie...just visited after checking comments on ptsdandme. Always lovely to read what you have to say, how you say it, even when its not lovelys stuff if that makes sense. <# <3 <# <3. ps used to get jealous of the cat. cat's dead now. don't worry, it was old age. And the right would never allow my partner to run off with the cat, although it didn't seem to have a problem with us as a threesome. go figure.